Re: BIND issue 3.2_example, was: Comments on bind-08

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:29:48 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: ejw@cs.ucsc.edu, "'WebDAV (WebDAV WG)'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Seems to me the href should hold a fully qualified URL, since other
>> hrefs in
>> the specification do this as well.
>

> It may hold whatever RFC2518 defines for DAV:href (we probably should
> let the DTD fragment refer to RFC2518, section 12.3, right?). RFC2518
> relies on RFC2068, section 3.2.1, which allows both absoluteURI and
> relativeURI.

Do we need to clarify the source of DAV:href's definition somewhere in
BIND? Alternatives seem to be:

- explicitly mention it in the Terminology section,

- add a comment to each DTD fragment using it.

I personally feel that we don't need (for instance, RFC3744 doesn't seem
to do it either), so unless somebody speaks up, I'll consider this one
closed.

Julian