Re: Comments on bind-08

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:38:36 +0100
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
CC: "WebDAV (WebDAV WG)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> OK, since I don't feel strongly about this, I'm happy to defer to
> Julian's preference.

OK,

partial fix that takes care of most of Jim's problems --
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.2.6_when_do_ids_change>):

    On the other hand, any method that affects an existing resource must
    not change the value of its DAV:resource-id property.  Specifically,
    a PUT or a COPY that updates an existing resource must not change the
    value of its DAV:resource-id property.  A REBIND, since it does not
    create a new resource, but only changes the location of an existing
    resource, must not change the value of the DAV:resource-id property.

I'm not sure whether we need to change more (such as say something about
MOVE for which it's hard to make any prediction because of RFC2518's
semantics). Feedback appreciated.

Best regards, Julian