D:href as a property?

From: Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:47:50 +0200
To: 'Webdav WG' <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

is it allowed to use <D:href xmlns:D="DAV:"> as a regular WebDAV
     <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>

I would assume yes. The D:href is part of the WebDAV protocol header
while the contained D:href is a property being transported by WebDAV.

Two relevant snippets from the spec:

---snip(section 4.5)---
Finally, it is not possible to define the same property twice on a
single resource, as this would cause a collision in the resource's
property namespace.
I guess this one is pretty clear, the response/href element is not a
property and therefore doesn't clash with the prop/href XML element.
The thing I miss in the spec is a statement that only direct <prop>
children are considered properties in a <response> payload.

This one is a bit harder:
---snip(section 12.9.1)---
A particular href MUST NOT appear more than once as the child of a
response XML element
I suppose the intention was to forbid multiple href elements directly
below <response>. But the text isn't clear whether MOST NOT applies to
direct children or to deep children as well. The latter would include
children of <prop> and therefore forbid D:href being exposed as a
regular property.

It would be great if someone could put some light on this.

best regards,