LOCK refresh on indirectly locked resource

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:39:43 +0200
To: 'Webdav WG' <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
It's some time ago that somebody asked how servers implement this today.
I finally got around to write a test case (attached JScript), including

1) using a no-tag list If header,
2) using a tagged If header, specifying the lock root and
2) using a tagged If header, specifying the indirectly locked resource.

IIS5: does not support depth infinity locks on collections

SAP EP 5.x: allows all combinations

Xythos Webfile Server (current version from www.sharemation.com): allows
all combinations, but seems to loose the timeout upon lock refresh

Apache2.0.50/mod_dav: *crashes*, see

So I'd propose to wait what the Apache/mod_dav developers have to say.
Right now it seems that servers do not seem to care.

Best regards, Julian