Re: Quota: another DAV:quota-assigned-bytes question

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:41:39 +0200
To: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
CC: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Brian Korver wrote:
> ..
> Precisely, and it states the server can choose how it computes
> quota.  Again, not only does the spec place no restrictions on
> how the server chooses to compute quota, it explicitly states
> there are no restrictions.

OK, let's just agree that we disagree. I don't think that any further
dicussion makes sense.

>>> That all sounds good, but you ascribe properties to NFS that it
>>> doesn't have (ex: compatible with [all] existing quota systems).
>>

>> Ok. Which one is it incompatible with?
>

> I thought you said it wasn't compatible with authorable quota
> systems....  ;-)

No, I didn't say that. What I said is that it doesn't *support* it.
Obviously you can have authorable quota on a system that supports NFS.
You just can't use NFS (at least not this part of the protocol; maybe
there's something else) to *do* it.

Julian