Re: Quota: another DAV:quota-assigned-bytes question

From: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:06:51 -0700
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>

Geoff,

I agree.  And I agree with Julian that the "quota" model
in the spec associates quota with resources, not users,
which makes it inherently incompatible with the Unix model.
But I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that the
spec should be changed to associate quota with users.
That would be unDAVlike, unNFSlike, etc.  Of course, someone
could unreasonably argue that position....  ;-)

-brian
briank@xythos.com