Re: Quota: another DAV:quota-assigned-bytes question

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:39:25 +0200
To: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Brian Korver wrote:

> Anyone who is going to support this use case should speak up
> because if no one wants to support your proposed use case then
> the issue is moot.

So you're saying that the fact that the protocol as specified is
incompatible with both the NTFS and Unix quota model is moot?

As far as I can tell, the spec as currently published is optimized for
one very specific implementation. That's fine, unless people want to
make it *the* quota protocol with backing of the WebDAV working group.

Please either simplify the protocol in a way so that other
implementations become possible (moving too specific features into
private extensions), or publish what you have as Informational RFC
describing what one specific system is supporting today.

Best regards, Julian