Re: WebDAV over SSL

From: Frank Lowney <frank.lowney@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:00:11 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@frink.w3.org

Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> responded:

>Am 19.07.2004 um 17:37 schrieb Charlie Smith:
>

>>Does WebDAV work over SSL?
>
>Yes.

But do all clients work successfully with WebDAV via SSL?  It used to be that the MacOS X client built into the OS would not.  Has that changed?  What does the score card for other OSs look like?

Under what circumstances does WebDAV over SSL make sense?  If I am simply working on a public web site, intercepting the info en route is no big deal but changing it en route would be.

Dr. Frank Lowney  frank.lowney@gcsu.edu
    Director, Electronic Instructional Services, a unit of the
    Office of Information and Instructional Technology,
    Professional Pages: http://www.gcsu.edu/oiit/eis/
    Personal Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate most effectively via e-mail.  Follow-up summaries of telephone conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.
We don't make instruction effective, we make effective instruction more accessible.