Re: Issue #68: UNLOCK_WITHOUT_GOOD_TOKEN

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:37:04 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Julian, I can't tell from this what you are recommending a server return
if (1) a bad token is provided  or (2) no token is provided.  Could you
please resumarize your conclusions?

J.

Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
06/15/2004 08:59 AM

        To:     w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
        cc:     Jason Crawford/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
        Subject:        Re: Issue #68: UNLOCK_WITHOUT_GOOD_TOKEN

OK,

to summarize (
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-latest.html#rfc.issue.068_UNLOCK_WITHOUT_GOOD_TOKEN>):

- errors linked to missing or bad tokens in the "lock-token" request
header do *not* cause a 412 ("lock-token" isn't part of the headers for
which 412-style preconditions are checked),

- clients need to be able to handle all 4xx status codes anyway,

- we define a specific precondition for missing/bad lock tokens inside
the lock-token request header, so clients can more precisely identity
this error condition

Jason, you may want to update your issues list accordingly.

Best regards, Julian