Re: new proposed text for locking overview

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:37:51 +0200
To: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Cc: WebDAV <nnw3c-dist-auth___at___w3.org@smallcue.com>

Jason Crawford wrote:
> I don't like us calling a lock a resource.
> The other paragraphs you included seem reasonable.

I expected pushback on that wording; but I think it really makes things
clearer. Anything that has a URI *is* a resource (as per RFC2396
definition). Saying that it is a resource with internal state makes
talking about it a lot simpler.

So can you explain *why* you don't like that terminology?

Best regards, Julian