Re: Call for consensus on UNLOCK Request-URI being lock root

Jason Crawford wrote:

> I'd relax the server side to accept refresh requests at any resource in
> the scope of the lock.   Unless given a reason though, I'd still
> encourage servers to send the refresh requests to the root of the lock.

I guess you mean "clients" in the second sentence.

The problem with this approach is that it makes little sense in a
specification. If we say that servers SHOULD allow refresh against
indirectly locked resources, it doesn't make sense to tell clients not
to use it.

Best regards, Julian