Re: Properties of bindings (was Re: Issues remaining with Bind draft)

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:10:03 -0500
To: nnw3c-dist-auth___at___w3.org@smallcue.com
> Lisa Dusseault wrote:
>
> > I found a reference to the "parentname" property, defined for Exchange

> > 2000 and Exchange 2003 in the "DAV:" namespace (no big surprise there
> > though it's unfortunate):
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wss/
> > wss/_cdo_schema_dav.asp
>
> I fail to see the issue. It only means that when Microsoft decides to
> support the BIND draft, they'll have to re-think that design decision.
> Just because somebody in the past did a poor system design that is
> inherently incompatible with having multiple URIs for the same resource
> shouldn't prevent *us* from doing things right.

I agree although I'd not be so harsh in my wording.  :-)

If they decide to support bindings, then they might have to make changes
to that property definition.  This shouldn't be a big problem because it's
their property to define however they like.   Although hopefully they
avoid using the DAV: namespace.

J.