Re: Re (2): Where is an example of using webdavseamlessly...and version files?

Seems to me there are two scenarios to look at here.  I'm probably covering old
ground for this forum but:
Scenario 1:   Save file starting from client application.    You'd have a
browse button or just type in the http address of the file.   Hit Save and your
done.
Scenario 2: Update file/Download file   invoked from server application.
You'd again have a browse button to save the file.  In this respect having
WebDav is no different than not having WebDav - same number of steps required.

For Scenario 1: 'Save' and 'Save as' would point to the file on the Web Server,
if that is where the file came from.  And the versioning might be automatic.

>>> "Geoffrey M Clemm"  3/23/2004 8:53:54 AM >>>

I'd suggest just using "save" and "save as" to mean "save local"
and "save local as" and have "checkin" mean "save to the server
(and create a new version if the server supports versioning)".