Re: Strange Problems (Davenport)

Mike McDonald wrote:

> My apologies, as I am not entirely sure this question belongs here.
>

> I am quite new to WebDAV, and have run into a few problems.  I’ve been
> staring at this particular problem for quite some time, and am hoping I
> can get a fresh set of eyes to have a look.  Basically, when I attempt
> to open a web folder (using Davenport as the DAV server), I get the
> message ‘Internet Explorer could not open …Would you like to use the
> default view instead?’.
>

> I have tried a slew of changes to the Davenport source code with varying
> degrees of success.  In this example, the ‘shares’ share will not
> display properly in a Web Folder view.  If I attempt to view a
> subdirectory as a Web Folder however, the subdirectory will display
> properly in Web Folders view.
>

> I am using Windows XP with IE6 (both fully patched) for the DAV client.
> See the listing below for the request/response.

1) You may want to check which version you have, see details at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html>

2) Regarding the response... I'd start by removinf everything that's not
required or not plain DAV, notably

>                     <ishidden w:dt="boolean">0</ishidden>
>                     <iscollection w:dt="boolean">1</iscollection>
>                     <displayname>shares/</displayname>
>                     <isreadonly w:dt="boolean">1</isreadonly>
>                     <getcontentlength
> w:dt="int">98626961408</getcontentlength>
>                     <getetag>"195a6053b85db823650312a6f1705da6"</getetag>

In particular, having non-zero content lengths may be confusing for the
webfolder client.

Regards, Julian