Re: Minor issue in RFC2518bis05, DAV:href

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:48:48 +0100
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Do you think that the ability to contain 'opaquelocktoken' URIs is
> the sole exception, or is it generally OK for href to contain non-HTTP
> URLs?  I believe the latter would cause some problems among clients.

Not generally. But there are other exceptions such as URIs that can
appear in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#PROPERTY_resource-id>
or
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-latest.html#PROPERTY_alternate-URI-set>.

> And, is it always ok to have opaquelocktoken URIs in hrefs, or only
> in certain circumstances?

Only in certain cirumstances. So any element that re-uses DAV:href needs
to state that if it isn't prepared to accept any URI (productions
absoluteURI and relativeURI in RFC2396).

Regards, Julian