Re: locking clarifications/extensions vs BIND draft vs RFC2518bis

In an off-list mail, Jim Whitehead wrote:

 > I'm tempted to just put BIND right into 2518bis -- worst case
 > we recycle at
 > Proposed, which I don't see as being a major adoption
 > impediment anymore (we
 > could perhaps call it WebDAV v2, to make it clear that we're making
 > progress).

Well, I think that would be a radical change to our strategy...

Seems that opinions vary between

1) take locking out, keep BIND out, make everyhing more modular and
2) keep locking in, add BIND, publish RFC2518+BIND (staying at the
"proposed level")

I'd definifively vote for 1).