Re: ID: draft-ietf-webdav-bind-05

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:31:19 +0200
To: Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>
Cc: Joe Hildebrand <joe@cursive.net>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Ted Hardie wrote:

> Julian,
>     I didn't say "dav:" was a URI, I said it was a URI

I know you didn't say that. I just wanted to point out, that, in order
to be a legal namespace name, "DAV:" would *need* to be a legal URI.
Unfortunately it isn't.

> _scheme_; see the URI scheme assignments maintained by
> IANA I referenced below.  The namespaces used in the bind
> draft fall into the DAV: uri scheme if you require
> they begin "dav:".

But the BIND spec isn't defining any new namespaces, and the only XML
namespace is uses is just the one named "DAV:" (defined in RFC2518).

Best regards, Julian