Re: RFC2518 issues IF_AND_AUTH and LOCK_SEMANTICS

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:05:52 +0200
To: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Cc: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Elias Sinderson wrote:
> I agree with the above proposed text, however it may lead to some
> interoperability issues. Is there a proposed mechanism to allow clients
> to discover how a server handles the intersection of these design choices?

I'm not sure we need that kind of discovery. Keep in mind that we're
talking of an exceptional edge case where somebody "steals" a lock that
was created by somebody else. We don't need to make that simple. Trying
and seeing the outcome should be ok.

Or am I missing a more regular use case?

Regards, Julian