Re: Remaining issues with the bind draft -- process

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:00:45 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>, Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>, Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:

> (*) For instance, I just tried to figure out where RFC2518 says that I
> can't rename "p" when "p/a1" is being locked without passing the lock
> token for A. Nevertheless, this is true, and everybody seems to agree on
> it.

Speaking of which, this seems to follow from RFC2518, section 8.9.2:

"A MOVE with "Depth: infinity" instructs that the collection identified
by the Request-URI be moved to the URI specified in the Destination
header, and all resources identified by its internal member URIs are to
be moved to locations relative to it, recursively through all levels of
the collection hierarchy."

...so it is defined, but RFC2518's introduction of the locking feature
really could be more explicit about that...

Regards, Julian