Re: Bindings and GULP again

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:49:21 +0100
To: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Cc: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>, 'Webdav WG' <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Stefan Eissing wrote:

>> In RFC2518bis, a lock token is submitted if it appears anywhere
>> in the if header, I think.
>> [...]
>

> I agree to that view on submitted lock-tokens. In this, GULP needs a
> simplification.

Clarification: I confused "being submitted for LOCK evaluation" with the
If header handling. So yes, GULP should state that a lock token is
submitted when it appears in the If header at all.

However, this doesn't mean that for "If" header processing, lock tokens
can be supplied un-tagged or with the wrong URI. I'm mentioning this
because that would be a change from RFC2518, and I don't think we've
reached consensus on that.

Julian