Re: Bind issues

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> On 8/4/2003, I asked about PROPFIND results in presence of bindings.  I
> don't know that
> that has been clarified.

I think this is the open issue that I mentioned. The proposal that I
made two days ago
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2003OctDec/0200.html>)
should take care of the issue you raised.

> On 3/8/2003, I proposed language for clearer requirements on DELETE
> behavior. This applies to MOVE too.  The discussion started earlier,
> 3/4/2003 or before.

In draft 02, BIND was rewritten to have both DELETE and UNBIND. As far
as I can tell this took care of the issues from those who felt
uncomfortable requiring DELETE to be atomic (this included myself). In
the current spec, a server can implement DELETE non-atomic.

> I believe I asked for more lock requirements -- what the server MUST do
> when a client locks a binding.  I haven't found that email yet.

Interaction between locks and multiple bindings is defined in GULP, and
as far as I can tell, the only missing thing is to integrate it into
RFC2518bis, just like discussed many times (both on the interim WG
meeting in January and the mailing list).

> It's quite possible that the bind authors believe they've already dealt
> with these issues.  If so, I'm unaware of the resolutions.

To summarize:

1) is open (it's the only open issue, and we're just trying to resolve it),

2) DELETE changed in draft 02, so please re-check,

3) there was agreement to do this in RFC2518bis -- if you think there
are issues left with the latest GULP version, please describe those.

Regards, Julian