Re: Depth header in PROPPATCH method

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:09:33 +0100
To: Stanley Guan <stanley.guan@oracle.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Stanley Guan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is Depth hader allowed in a PROPPATCH method?  If specified
> by the client, what should the server respond?
>
> Thx,
>
> -Stanley

PROPPATCH doesn't specify how a Depth header should be interpreted.
Thus, a client cannot rely on any specific server behaviour.

I'd assume that most of the servers will ignore the header upon
PROPPATCH, thus rejecting the message may cause interoperability
problems. So maybe RFC2518bis should clarify this?

Julian