RE: How to use DTDs, or not to (was: RE: ACL and lockdiscovery)

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:15:28 -0700
To: <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>, "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Geoffrey M Clemm'" <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> > 	(a) the ANY case in an element markup declaration means
> any element
> > that is declared in the DTD, not some undeclared or unspecified
> > element. ...
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that. It
> basically means that by definition you can't express the
> content model of <prop> using a DTD.

So does this mean we should simply remove the DTD-style definition of
the 'prop' element (as well as 'owner' and 'resourcetype') from the
spec?  I believe the natural-language specification should be
sufficient to define these anyway.

The 'owner' element could maybe be defined as MIXED but 'prop' and
'resourcetype' cannot be mixed.

Lisa