From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
To: "Stanley Guan" <stanley.guan@oracle.com>; <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: rfc2518bis DAV DTD (was Re: How to use DTDs, or not ...)

True.  But, new DAV extension elements should be explicitly listed in
the "choice" component.  So, any bogus element in DAV: namespace
can be caught.

> > A question here: if the server claims that it only supports
"versioning",
> > but not "acl", is it an error if the user sends  a request to find the
> > "DAV:acl" property?
>
> No.
>
> > > - arbitrary properties are allowed
> >
> > I think, you can collect all server supported DAV: properties in
> > a single complexType using "choice" component.  Then, using
> > "extension" component to extend different capabilities into the
> > final set.
>
> Sorry. I wanted to say "attributes".

I thought we want to be loose on what can be allowed at element
level.  Within each element, don't we want all attributes to be
explicitly spelt out?  Why do we need arbitrary attributes to be
allowed on any specific DAV: element?

If elements belong to the following category:
   <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>,
then any arbitrary attributes can be allowed in them.