RE: How to use DTDs, or not to (was: RE: ACL and lockdiscovery)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:44:07 +0200
To: <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>, "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Geoffrey M Clemm'" <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Hi Dennis,

just a few line-comments.

> 	(a) the ANY case in an element markup declaration means any
> element that is declared in the DTD, not some undeclared or
> unspecified element.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that. It basically means that
by definition you can't express the content model of <prop> using a DTD.

> I notice that "DAV:" is referred to as the namespace, when,
> according to the Namespace specification and other specifications
> since (such as XML Schema), it is technically a prefix.  That is,
> attribute
>
> 	xmlns:DAV="some-URI-for-the-WebDAV-namespace"
>
> establishes the "DAV:" prefix for QNames that refer to local
> names of the WebDAV namespace.

No, no. "DAV:" is indeed the namespace URI for WebDAV. There are some cases
where it's *also* used as prefix, but that's just a coincidence.

Regards, Julian