webdav confiuration

From: Xiaowei Cao <Xiaowei.Cao@state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:03:35 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

I'm new to webdav

We are using windows 2003 standard edition and IIS6.0.
The webserver is a standalone server.
Our website is a public site that everyone can access.

I'm experimenting to setup WebDav for our developer to transfer
webpages from a windows xp to the server.
Both server and client the webdav are enabled successfully.

I setup a virtual directory like "test"

I setup  NTFS permission to IUSR_servername account to only deny
write. Because I don't want anyone to write to our directory.

In directory Test web permission, I set to read, write, directory
browse, on directory security tab I set to allow anonymous Access.

Now when I start using webdav in the windows Xp, by opening IE6.0
browser, like http://servername/test/index.htm
I can see the page. If I open http://servername/test as a web folder,
I can see the files in the folder but I cannot copy files to it.

This is fine to anonymous users. but how can I let the developer to
copy files to that directory?

In other words, I want only developers to write to that directory,
and also I want all anonymous users to see the webpages. How can I
configure the security issues related to this?

Thanks