  From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Geoffrey M Clemm
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 3:06 PM
  To: 'WebDAV List (E-mail)'
  Subject: RE: multiple "source" properties documents

  My perspective is a bit different.  The DAV:source property
  was designed for exactly the situation that Conal describes.
  He'd like a generic application to pop up the list of URL's
  and say "these are the sources".  There are no significant
  testing issues ... the format of the DAV:source property is
  well defined, and all a client is expected to do is to expose
  the specified list of URL's.

  So in Conal's case, I'd just expose this feature using the
  DAV:source property, and you are no worse off that if you
  just defined your own custom property, and that if enough
  folks do so, the property will become "undeprecated".

  Note: I am not arguing against deprecating the DAV:source
  feature ... I don't think the topic is significant enough
  to merit being re-opened ... I'm just saying that if you are
  an implementor and encounter a valid use for the DAV:source
  property, you should go ahead and use it instead of inventing
  your own custom property, even if it is deprecated in 2518bis.