Re: DAV:bindings-last-modified (was RE: DAV:getlastmodified of collections)

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

>I believe that we have concluded that DAV:getlastmodified depends on
>what the server returns on a GET on a collection, and therefore is not
>something we can define (since what the server returns on a GET on a
>collection is not defined).

Actually, since many servers do implement GET on a collection, how about
saying "DAV:getlastmodified should be defined for collections if the
server supports GET on collections and the value of the property would
be the last time some operation changed what would be the result of a
GET operation (and would be the value that would be compared against if
a Last-Modified header was sent on said GET request)"?

Sorry, my brain is not thinking in protocol-spec-speak right now, but I
think you get the idea.

Your other property for bindings would be useful as well, and I would
guess that many implementations would make them equivalent (as a GET on
a collection would return an HTML rendering of the bindings from that
collection.)