RE: DAV:displayname with versions

I agree that we want to finish RFC2518bis in a finite amount of time,
but I disagree that versioning behavior of RFC2518 properties should be
defined in a separate draft.  Any new WebDAV draft should fully define
the behavior of any live property it defines, and versioning is
a standard part of the WebDAV family (after all, it is "WebDAV", not
"WebDA" :-).

"Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com> wrote on 08/11/2003 02:04:24 PM:

> That isn't quite the Xythos WFS behavior.  If you MOVE a VCR, its
> displayname changes to the current name.  Thus the displayname changes
for
> all the versions as well. They aren't entirely immutable, in other
words.

>  I wouldn't put the versioning behavior of properties in RFC2518bis,
> however, we need to keep changes there down so we get finished in finite
> time and get draft standard status with tested interoperable features.
If