RE: another thought on "is element order significant" vs DTDs in WebDAV

I just noticed that the specification for PROPPATCH says that property
changes MUST be applied in order.  So clearly there are already some cases
in WebDAV in which XML order of elements is significant.

I still think it's a good idea to say at a minimum that the order of
resources and properties in a PROPFIND response is irrelevant.  So should we
say that in general order is irrelevant but the PROPPATCH request body is an
exception?  Or should we say that in general order is important but the
PROPFIND response body is an exception?

I favour the first - the general rule being that order is irrelevant unless
specified as relevant.

Lisa