  From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Nevermann, Dr., Peter
  Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:18 PM
  To: 'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
  Subject: BIND:

  The BIND spec (draft-ietf-webdav-bind-02) states at 3.1 DAV:resource-id
property:

  "The value of DAV:resource-id is a URI, and may use any registered URI
scheme that guarantees the uniqueness of the value across all resources for
all time (e.g. the opaquelocktoken: scheme defined in [RFC2518])."

  I found registered URI schemes at:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes. So, can I choose one of them,
e.g. urn: ? Or should I invent my own? :-)

  Why doesn't the BIND spec define the URI scheme to be used?

  Thanks,
  Peter