Re: Binding loops and PROPFIND clarification needed (was Re: COPY and bindings)

Julian Reschke wrote:

>>First/easiest thing would be to change the example to have the 506
>>followed by a 200. (The example implied to me that processing stopped at
>>the first 506.)
>>

>That would break the multistatus format - every URI may only appear once.
>
>What we should do is clarify that the processing only stops *for the
>resource that is part of the bind loop*. So maybe just change the example to
>have the "looping child" appear first in the collection.

Sorry for being unclear, that's what I meant (having a different URI in
the 200 after the 506.)

>Maybe, maybe not. So which clients *do* require PROPFIND/depth:infinity? The
>Microsoft webfolder client doesn't.

You're right, no client requires it and could do the same by recursively
PROPFINDing down the tree.

Are you going to make it to the Interop? Hope to see you there! (We
might even have a first pass at a BIND-capable server. :*)