From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Nevermann, Dr., Peter
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 1:14 AM
To: 'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
Subject: COPY and bindings

Suppose the following:
- a resource R
- a collection C1 with a binding x to R
- a collection C2 with a binding y to R
- a collection C mapped to URI-1 containing C1 and C2
i.e.:
   / \
  C1 C2
   \ /
Now I issue a COPY on URI-1 with destination URI-2 and depth infinity.
How many copies do I get for R, one or two?
i.e.:
    C'
   / \
 C1' C2'
   \ /
    R'
or
    C'
   / \
 C1' C2'
  |   |
  R'  R"
??
I suspect that 2 copies is correct ... or at least, the server is allowed to
duplicate R at destination.
Thanks,
Peter