Re: BIND: precondition DAV:can-overwrite

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:05:05 -0400
To: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
First sentence of last paragraph of Section 4:

"By default, if there already is a binding for the specified
 segment in the collection, the new binding replaces the
 existing binding."

So by default, it overwrites.

Another way to reach this conclusion is to note that the
DAV:can-overwrite precondition is not violated in this case,
and therefore it would not throw a precondition violation.