RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-01.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:34:46 +0100
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

For the record -- having read Roy's comment and looking again at RFC2616 --

	"Response status codes beginning with the digit "5" indicate cases in which
the server is aware that it has erred or is incapable of performing the
request."

I now agree that a 5xx code is the right one for "quota exceeded". However I
still think it's valuable to be able to distinguish between the various
reasons for 507 (Insufficient Storage), so I think we should have specific
condition (for marshalling in DAV:error) for the various conditions.

Julian