Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-01.txt

From: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:19:18 +0100
Cc: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>

Am Donnerstag, 27.03.03, um 01:10 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Brian
Korver:

> On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 12:27  AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> I wonder if this equation holds true when "disk space" gets low. Say
>> you
>> have 10 GB of space on the server, you have 10 users and each user
>> has a quota of 1GB. You add an 11th user also with 1GB quota (or an
>> administrator puts a 1GB sized resource).
>>
>> Now, when the free space on the server goes below 1GB, the above
>> equation will not tell you how large a file you can PUT. That problem
>> seems to be avoided in 3010 with "quota_avail_*".
>>
>> //Stefan
>
> If the free spec on the server goes below 1GB, then the quota-used
> will compensate.  I agree that isn't as intuitive as the "avail"
> way of doing it, and this should probably be explained better
> in the spec.

If I understand you correctly the server will on low "disk space" tweak
the quota-used value so that the difference between quota-size
and quota-used matches the available space?

So a user with 5GB quota on a server with 4GB space left, will be told
that he already uses 1GB although he has no resources allocated?

//Stefan