RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-01.txt

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:07:50 -0500
To: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

To help us in our categorization of errors, could you describe
how does a web spider responds differently to a 4xx or a 5xx?

Also, although it is good to know that one way is compliant and the
other is not (:-), it would be helpful to have some criteria to
to actually make that determination.  In particular, how do you
distinguish a client error category (making a bad request) from a
server error category (not satisfying a valid client request).
There are some obvious
cases (a syntactically ill-formed request), but many of the others
could fall in either category (the quota errors, in particular).

Cheers,
Geoff