lock token URI schemes, RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-03.txt

Hmmm.

Do we disagree on

a) the fact that it must be registered, or

b) whether or not it needs to be stated?

For a), my answer is that unless it is registered, it by definition can't
meed the uniqueness requirements.

For b), my answer is that I've seen servers inventing their "ad hoc"
schemes, and this is exactly I want to warn about.

See also:

<http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#URI-scheme>:

"While "myscheme:blort" is a URI that satisfies the syntactic constraints of
[RFC2396], if "myscheme" is not registered, you are not guaranteed that
somebody else isn't already using it for something else."

Regards, Julian