RE: MOVEs across file systems

If you want me to to explain, you'll have to point me to the part you don't
understand :-)

Assume a Unix fs, /a and /b being on different filesystems.

ln /a/a /a/b

will work.

ln /a/a /b/a

won't.

However

mv /a/a /b/a

will work. However the result will not be the "same" resource (it will have
a different inode, and will reside in a different filesystem).

> > In this case, the resource at the target URL of the MOVE request
> > would *not* be the "same" resource anymore (it would have a different
> > DAV:resource-id).
> We might have to accept that for the single binding cases and encourage
them
> to do better, but if they don't
> support cross-file system bindings and they do a move to another file
system
> and the source resource also has additional bindings to it from the
original file
> system, then the request MUST be rejected.   If it is not, the server can
not claim
> to support the bind spec.

Well, I think that's up to discussion. MOVE suffers from it's RFC2518
definition (COPY then DELETE). REBIND doesn't. I don't see a problem with a
system supporting both (REBIND will fail for some operations, while MOVE
won't).