Re (2): Move and Delete (was: bind draft issues)

Hi,
I don't have time to follow the discussion in detail at the moment
but this post provokes a comment.
"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
>    From: Brian Korver [mailto:briank@xythos.com]
>
>    Other than loops, what are the problems unique to multiple
>    bindings and partial MOVE?
>
> One example was posted in the message below:

Goeff, I don't think your scenario is valid for our discussion.
If no lock had existed then all information would have been deleted.
So for the folks that still are his friends JEFF/* would be "completely" trashed.
Would have this have been a better or worse situation for them ?
IMHO this usecase doesn't say anything about the "badness" of
"best effort deletion".
Either jeff gives jim and henry the rights to delete JEFF/* even if it's shared, or
he doesn't allow it. It's jeffs decision.

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"
"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon