Stringprep for WebDAV & DASL

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:50:55 -0800
To: "Webdav WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

I'm learning about this StringPrep standard for XMPP string comparisons,
and obviously it would be useful for WebDAV too, particularly DASL.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3454.txt

To make string comparisons work more reliably, a proposal like DASL can
define a StringPrep "profile", selecting the characters, mappings and
foldings most appropriate to that application.

I'm not clear yet on whether it's possible to just import StringPrep
entire, without creating a profile.

Lisa