Re: Is WebDAV https compliant?

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:55:40 -0800
To: Charlie Smith <SmithCW@ldschurch.org>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hi Charlie,

Yes, WebDAV works with SSL. Provided, of course, that both the client
and the server are configured to speak SSL. Think of SSL as a layer
around the HTTP request, so whether you use SSL or not has no bearing
upon the underlying HTTP/WebDAV protocol.

I haven't had any problems using a standard web browser (Netscape,
Mozilla, IE) to browse our dav repository (based on Apache) using https.

Elias