RE: Issues PUT_AND_INTERMEDIATE_COLLECTIONS and INTEROP_DELETE_AND_MULTISTATUS

Well,

if we're trying to achieve consistency, we should try do it consistently.
Returning a multistatus with a non-207 status in just one specific case
seems like a workaround, not a fix. BTW: DELETE is always "depth
infinity" -- there is no shallow DELETE.

As far as I can tell, this would affect all namespace operations, such as
COPY, MOVE, DELETE and possibly LOCK. In general, this would enable clients
to do the HTTP-sanctioned range checks (status >= 200 && status <= 299).