RE: Collections ending in slashes: consensus reversal?

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:00:17 -0800
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

> > We discuss them in both places (and in the hallways), and only poll
for
> > consensus on the mailing list.  Otherwise, you'll just piss off the
> people
>
> I think this is what we are doing.

To be clear, we do poll for consensus in person, but that's a common
IETF practice (sometimes implemented as a hum in large meetings).  We
have always brought in-person discussions and "conclusions" (to avoid
the word "decisions" to the list for finality.  That's why I mentioned
having a straw poll on the list shortly if discussion points that way.

Lisa