Re: Collections ending in slashes: consensus reversal?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:09:47 -0800
Cc: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, "Webdav WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

>> What is a resource type?
>
> The concept defined by RFC2518, section 13.9. Specifically, a resource
> with
> type DAV:collection is a WebDAV (something where when you apply
> PROPFIND
> depth 1, internal members are going to be enumerated).

Then the issue should state that, not "resource type".  It has to be
something
that the server has specifically told the client.

>> p.s. it is impossible to reach WG consensus at a face-to-face meeting,
>> even a regular one.
>
> So do you have any guidance how a working group is supposed to resolve
> open
> issues, if not by face-to-face and on-the-mailing list discussions?

We discuss them in both places (and in the hallways), and only poll for
consensus on the mailing list.  Otherwise, you'll just piss off the
people
who don't have enough money to attend F2F meetings.

....Roy