RE: Issues PUT_AND_INTERMEDIATE_COLLECTIONS and INTEROP_DELETE_AND_MULTISTATUS

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:39:09 +0100
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>, "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>
Cc: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

But then, HTTP does not define the concept of collections and deep deletes.
WebDAV is an extension of HTTP, so when it introduces these new concepts,
isn't it allowed also to define error handling for it?

Yes, there's an issue with using a 2xx status for errors, but it doesn't
seem to have negatively affected any existing client I'm aware of.
RFC2518bis is supposed to clarify RFC2518, not to reinvent it.

Julian