RE: Reconsidering DTDs and validity (was RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-03.txt)

I'd suggest that we start with a generic statement that DTD implied
ordering is to be ignored, but that the definition of a particular
element can explicitly declare that ordering matters.

WRT this particular case, I don't think that the amount of memory/time
required on the client to read in the propstat before knowing what
URL it is for is significant enough to matter (but like Julian,
I don't care strongly either way, so I wouldn't object if the consensus
is to make ordering matter in this particular element).

w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org wrote on 06/22/2003 10:22:19 AM:

> [...]
However,