RE: Last Call: WebDAV Ordered Collections Protocol to Proposed Standard

Chris,

You are right -- the last call draft doesn't try to specify server
maintained orderings. Looking at your draft, it seems to apply to
server-side sorting, which may have it's place in WebDAV SEARCH [1].  Note
that the plan for WebDAV SEARCH is to make use of collations as defined in
XSLT 2.0 and XQuery, once they become ready. So you may want to check how
your work fits into that framework as well.

As far as I understand, there's currently nobody working actively on WebDAV
ordered collections with server-maintained orderings. So I don't think it's
a good idea to delay publication of this work to cover something nobody
currently is interested in.

Regards, Julian

[1]
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html>