debugging webdav on windows clients

From: Todd Gillespie <toddg@foobox.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:52:28 -0500 (CDT)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Hi, I'm adding WebDAV support to nsd (AOLserver, check openacs.org for
what we do with it).  Windows 'Web Folders' are unable to
map/connect/whathaveyou to my DAV enabled server, always responding only
with: "System error 67 has occured."  (which maps to "The network name
cannot be found.", which is apparently a catchall for several kinds of
errors.)

How do I see how Windows parses the headers, XML response, etc and find
out what's going wrong?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps. ethereal indicates that Windows does a netbios name lookup on my
  server, presumably after failing to connect over dav.