RE: Reminder: WG Last Call on Ordered Collections

Hi,

some more thoughts:

Properties are attached to resources. Ordering is a property of the
collection that contains internal member names identifying resources. For
instance, you might have several collections containing bindings to the same
set of resources, but with different orderings. There's no way to simulate
this with DASL (which -- by the way -- is not nearly done...) and returning
ordered results.

Thanks Julian. But can't we use the properties instead. For example in case
of
having a book, just define a property called page, or if there is no proper
property, just create a proper one for them. I read the documentation, it is
saying  "The ordering protocol defined here focuses on support for such
human-maintained orderings."  What does it mean by human-maintained
ordering?

Sorry if it is very basic question.
Bita.